Saturday, September 29, 2012

Contentment

Contentment...it's a strong word, yet very simple.

This last Thursday, my mom took my brother to "Credo"...on this day, I stayed home with my younger 2 siblings, and...it was quiet! More than that, I got to rest.
Recently, I have been teaching piano so often, babysitting so much, cooking more, and taking over cleaning the house more, that I felt so...content! It used to be that I'd maybe have a few piano students here and there show up, and occasionally I'd have a few babysitting jobs; but I had so much time before, that I would often let my mind wander away from other things, or be almost bored, that I would just kind of wander around the house. I enjoy being busy!!! A few months ago,  my dad approached me, telling me that I needed to get more students. So, I prayed to God, and I told him that I did all that I could...He was going to have to do the rest. Now, one by one, little by little, I have gotten 5 more students over the past month!!! God answered my prayer! So now, I'm so busy that if I do get a day when people are sick, or the lesson is canceled...I'm almost thankful! Thankful that I have time to relax, but not get bored. Thankful that God gave me the gift and ability to teach piano as well as play piano.

So, what does Paul say about Contentment? I'm sure we all know the verse,
but hey, you never know!
"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content..."
~ Philippians 4:11~

"But Godliness with contentment, is great gain."
~1st Timothy 6:6~

So the next time that you feel dis-content...remember, that that's the time when the devil likes to harm you the most. I always love what my great Aunt Pear, whom is 103 yrs. said, "Idle hands, are the devils playground." Hang on to those words! Know that it's in those desperate times, that Satan can play with your mind. Be content! Serve your family and friends around you; and know that God is your contentment! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!