Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dealing with pain



On Monday afternoon, (yesterday) I was on my way home from picking my siblings up from piano lessons. We were all talking pretty much at once, and all of the sudden, everyone stopped talking! For there, right in front of the street that we turn on before our street, were 2 fire trucks, 1 ambulance, and about 3 police cars...I quickly turned around, to go the other way to our house...since the police officers and fire trucks were blocking the street that I was on.

We were all curious, because this particular neighbor, was known for having a dog, that didn't get along with our dog, and this neighbor was also know for...being an alcoholic (on rare occasions from what we know)...so naturally, we assumed some bad things about him because of his background. It wasn't until later that we found out what had really happened...
His wife died! 
She had apparently come home, said that she was tired, and didn't wake back up.

I felt ashamed! Thinking such awful things about this man! I should have known better! Why do us Christians, have a tendency to think the worst about some people?!...admit it...we've all
done it before! I prayed to God to forgive me, but not only to forgive me, but to give
our neighbor, comfort in this time!!!
He didn't even get to say goodbye to his wife!
I couldn't stop thinking about it last night...I am so blessed to have my family!
I pray that God will be merciful to this man, and that he will find beauty in the valley!

BEAUTY IN THE VALLEY

Paul Marino / Sarah Schieber

I've been through empty days
Walked in loves darkest place
Been all alone in a life meant for two

I've lost my will to fight. I 'd
Wrestled through sleepless nights
Awoken to hurts so broken and bruised

Yet through all of the tears the questions and fears
I stand here able to say

I found beauty in the valley
Hope in the rain
Peace in the unknown
Strength in the pain
With His hand holding me
I found beauty in the valley

If you’re barely hanging on
And wonder where God has gone
And you feel betrayed by life and your faith

It may take some time and seem like for ever
But someday you'll look back and say

I found beauty in the valley
Hope in the rain
Peace in the unknown
Strength in the pain
With His hand holding me
I found beauty in the valley


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!