Saturday, September 1, 2012

Finally Back!

Hello all!
Wow! I have had quite a week!
I have been babysitting a family in our church who just had their 9th child, so I went over and spent the night there from Tuesday-Friday.
I got to learn so much about how they run the house, do school, chores...etc... (don't worry...I got lots of rest time too ; ) )

On top of that it's our church potluck tomorrow after church...so that's a batch of brownies, and meatballs. And then after church, I have to come home and make 70+ Banana Bread/Muffins for a conference that our pastor's putting on at his house, and then on Monday morning bright and early I go to help with the meals for the conference...after that, because it's labor Day...our church is having a big get together, so...you guessed it!...more desert to make ; )

These are the days that I actually like! I don't mind being so busy and occupied that you can't think of anything else to do...if that makes sense.

After this week, do I get to take a rest...probably not! Life keeps happening! You know the saying, "I've got things to do, places to go, and people to see"? Well, that's how I am right now...at least that's what I feel like.

So...earlier this evening, I sat in my bed and I prayed to God. I thanked him for the busyness of my day, but I also prayed that God will help me to put him first above everything else in this world...yes, even in the chaotic times!!!
...Have you ever felt this way? Felt like your whole life was so busy that you didn't even have time to pray for 5 minutes, or do your Bible Study that day? I have!!! Especially recently; I want to do other things, and then it puts the "things" in front of God! So, maybe in the chaotic times...pray to God, ask him to give you the time. Let him know how you feel...he listens and cares!

In our family, all of us notice that if we don't do family worship consistently...all of us are more grumpy, irritable, and stressed! So, when you feel this way, I would suggest that you pray...wherever you are, and whomever your with. Pray to God in this world of Chaos...He's listening and is right there with you! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!