Thursday, June 7, 2012

You never know...

Last night, our family had quite a terrifying moment. I had just come back from the store, and my dad had to take my brother, “Austin” to the hardware store, and he took “Joy” too, because she wanted to go. About thirty minutes later, I get a call from my dad, “Let mom know that it will be a while until we get out of Lowe’s…” I asked, “Why?” he said, “I guess there’s a tornado warning, so the Lowe’s employees won’t let anyone leave. They are having everyone go into the office where there are no windows. There is a lot of hail outside, and you can hear it on the roof.”
After I got off the phone with him, I told my mom, and guess what she did? Yep! She freaked out! It was just Elijah myself and my mom home, so we tried to go online, go onto the radio, everything we could to find out where the tornado was heading…we hid in the little “Toy Room” downstairs that has no windows, just a light.
No, nothing ended up happening, but it got me to thinking…what if a tornado had come? Would I be satisfied if my Bible were the only thing that survived out of my “stuff”? Would I care if anything else was gone? Sometimes, we can be so satisfied on a certain “object”, that we miss the satisfaction of the freedom to read the bible. In some countries, they can’t even read the Bible without being thrown in prison or beaten. I am so blessed!!!

I sat in bed, drifting off to sleep watching the lightening in the clouds that night. God is so marvelous!!!



Job 36:27-29, 33-33, 37: 2-5
"For he draws up the drops of water; they distill his mist in rain, which the skies pour down and drop on mankind abundantly. Can anyone understand the spreading of the clouds, the thunderings of his pavilion?...He covers his hands with the lightning and commands it to strike the mark. It's crashing declares his presence, the cattle also declare that he rises...Keep listening to the thunder of his voice and the rumbling that comes from his mouth. Under the whole heaven he lets it go, and his lightning to the corners of the earth. After it his voice roars; he thunders with his majestic voice, and he does not restrain the lightnings when his voice is heard. God thunders wondrously with his voice; he does great things that we cannot comprehend. For to the snow he says, 'Fall on the earth,' likewise to the downpour, his mighty downpour...He loads the thick cloud with moisture; the clouds scatter his lightning. They turn around and around by his guidance, to accomplish all that he commands them on the face of the habitable world. Whether for correction or for his land or for love, he causes it to happen."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!