Monday, June 4, 2012

Children are a blessing!

This last week we received some wonderful news from our friends, the "Clapp's"...she's pregnant again! You see, about 2 years ago, they had a reversal after praying to God about it and realizing that children are a blessing. After they had their reversal, Mrs. Clapp got pregnant, about a month and a half or so later. Little "William Courage Clapp" was born on April 11th 2012! He was adorable! Well, this last week, they found out that they were pregnant again!!!
Joy filled my heart as I read the email!


My mother and father also had a reversal. They had 3 children after that (1 of which was a stillborn) but after having the 3 children, my mother didn't want to have to deal with deaths and sicknesses with the child again, so my dad got fixed. To this day, my mom regrets of their decision to stop having children. That's why we adopted! Because we loved children so
much that it was hard not to want them!


In Today's culture, children aren't a blessing...in fact, it's sadly a curse for a lot of people..."it's another mouth to feed" or "I can't do this or that if I have a baby"...we are a selfish people!
Let's look at some of my favorite verses...

Psalm 127:3-5, "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."

Psalm 139:13-16, "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."

~Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!