Monday, June 11, 2012

The Love of Money

You've heard it said, "The love of money is the root of all evil." So, why is it so hard to apply it?
Sometimes we get so greedy with the money that's been given to us, or that we worked so hard to earn. Maybe we saved up for weeks/months/years to buy something...but when it comes down to it...would you be willing to give it up in order for someone else? Sometimes we don't realize that we have a love for money...it's all in us. Yes, we love money!

1st Timothy 6:9-11 "9 But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.11 But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love,perseverance and gentleness."

Over the last few weeks, I have had to have money for my trip, my sister's birthday, our annual CHEC Conference coming up this week, and my brother's birthday next week. Even though I would love to just buy my siblings a little candy bar and a pack of gum...I find it so much better to give then to receive! However, I must confess, I took my sister out to eat for lunch today for her birthday, and I honestly couldn't even finish half of my burger. Austin (my brother) was the only at the house today besides my mom and Elijah, and so, he wanted the left overs...but I didn't want to share! I had paid for that with my own money...why should I have to share? Well, I went out to water the grass, and God convicted me. I gave my lunch to Austin, with an accepting heart. Giving is not always what we want, but in the end...God always wants it!
Don't let money and pride take over your life!
~Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!