Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day at the Capitol


On Friday our family went to "Homeschool Day at the Capitol". I look forward to it every year! It's when all the Homeschoolers plus some come together to learn about our government, the way it works, what's going on in the world, and all kinds of other things. In the morning there was a speaker, and then after lunch we did a march around the Capitol. It was so fun! After that, they have a big rally outside the Capitol building on the west steps. (I think)

I took some pictures, which are below, but it's always nice to go there, because, well...I know so many people there! From the past, present, and hey, the future too. It was so amazing to see some of the costumes for the skit they did. As much as I'm not really a seamstress, I sure would love to get better! After the rally, we went into the Capitol, and boy was it amazing!
Hope you enjoy the pictures!





2 comments:

  1. Oh Caitlin.... So sad that I wasn't there.
    But VERY happy that you had a wonderful time!

    Just think... If I would have gone, I would've FINALLY been able to meet you!

    Oh well! Maybe some other time... Lord willing!

    Your fellow blogger and friend,
    Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun! (except in the morning, when it was FREEZING while I sold hats.) And I think the origami display table that won was so pretty! (I played with the kids while their mom and older sister were setting it up. They are SO CUTE!! The little boy kept waving and smiling and saying, "Hi!" to me.)

    The rally was awesome too!!

    -MERCY S.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!