Saturday, March 3, 2012

Captivated by...T.V...?

Last night my brothers and I got together with some of our friends for a movie night/pizza night and watched, "Captivated"...it's a movie about how technology has taken over our generation.
I was actually quite surprised by how much people use electronics every day.
There were so many stories, but one of them was really amazing!
There was this couple who had a camp, (I don't remember where) and it was for troubled teens. The teens would go there for one whole year, and wouldn't have anything that had to do with technology! (amazing huh? I honestly don't think I could do it for that long) no cell phones, ipods, music, ipads, computer, or electricity. These kids would have to think for themselves! They would care for the farm animals, build cabins, and such. By the end of the one year period, most of the kids went home, and literally got rid of all their computers, ipods, c.d.'s, and all other kinds of things.
It is so amazing how much time we spend on the Internet. (whether it's on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, email, etc...)
I would encourage you to borrow or own the movie, "Captivated"!!!
It will change your perspective, of the ways that you use technology, and how it's taken over our modern day culture!
I've posted the official Trailer below, please share with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!