Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hospitality


Hospitality:

What does hospitality mean to you?
If you would have asked me a few days ago, I would have said, “inviting people into your home”…but on Monday, I was hiking with some friends, and I asked my friend, “How can you be hospitable, if you are always busy, or tired?” My friend, “Megan”, replied, “Well, Hospitality doesn’t always mean that you have to have someone in your home to be hospitable. Sometimes it’s merely bringing a meal to someone, or serving one of your brothers or sisters with a project. Sometimes it could be helping your parents out with a special project.”
The definition of the word Hospitality in the 1828 dictionary it says:

HOSPITAL'ITY, n. [L. hospitalitas.] The act or practice of receiving and entertaining strangers or guests without reward, or with kind and generous liberality.”
Hospitality isn’t just about people being invited into your house, it’s about serving others.

~ Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. ~ 1st Peter 4:9
In one of Max Lucado's book's, he talks about hospitality. We are always worried about how our bathroom looks, or if the floor has been vacuumed, or if the dishes are done. Max Lucado goes on to say that, for a homeless person, the home is a castle, for the homeless person, the floor is a warm, soft place, and for the restroom, it's a place out of the rain.
The next time you are about to have company over, just remember that to a homeless person, your house is a castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!