Saturday, October 22, 2011

Home

The other day I was looking at some blogs, and there was one that caught my eye. it was called, "The Chosen One"...
In this blog this couple adopted a few kids from China, but what really caught my attention was a song called, "Home" by Ross King. It talked about Adoption and how you can fall in love so easily. I have pasted the Lyrics below.
You see, on October 8th 2010 we adopted a little guy.
A few weeks ago, was the first anniversary that our little "Elijah" is/was officially a Baughman. We are thankful for him everyday and every moment.

"Home" Lyrics of Ross King:

Your mother and I had a plan
We knew the ending before it began
American woman, American man with American dreams
How could we ever have known? The God who can save had a dream of His own
He opened our heart and He made it your home and it changed everything

Not flesh of my flesh, Not blood of her blood, You are heart of her heart, And soul of my soul
Your mother and I were broken inside then you came and made us whole,
And now we're loved by your love, and you are named with our name
Cause a real family is more than biology, It's more than looking the same
Would we have prayed a different way If we had known that God would bring you home? Nothing prepared us for this
we never knew we would fall like we did, surely there's no one that's ever been given
A sweeter surprise
All we can give is our love, Love is the way you were given to us, We only pray we can love you enough for the rest of our lives
You are heart of her heart, and soul of my soul,
Your mother and I were broken inside, then you came and made us whole
And now we're loved by your love And you are named with our name
Cause a real family is more than biologyIt's more than looking the same
Would we have prayed a different way If we had known that God would bring you home?

We love you Elijah James Baughman!!!

1 comment:

  1. love how much you adore your little brother! You should check out Ross's whole CD that this song is on, it's really great stuff!

    blessings, jenny

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!