Saturday, February 18, 2012

Patience

Last week my dad sold his car, and so, we are now looking for another car to replace his old one.
We have learned a lot of patience through car searching!!! Their have been some dealers who are dis-honest with their cars, we have met some dealers who tell only some of the truth, and we've seen some dealers that can't even start their car up after telling us that it runs great. (I guess that would fit into the category of dis-honest)
So...we are still looking.
Aren't we like that with God sometimes? We have all these expectations that we want to have met each day.
Likewise, God has all these plans for us...that's how we learn patience.
There have been many time that my dad's driving in the car, and he's upset because someone really slow drives in front of us, so I will remind him that "Patience is a Virtue".
There was a book I read not too long ago, when it said that sometimes we have to remind ourselves that the old lady in front of us at the grocery store is so slow, because she's taking each moment as a gift from God because she received news that she has cancer, and that it's her last year to live.
I'm reminded of the fruit of the spirit:
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.
~Galatians 5:22-23~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!