Monday, August 8, 2011

Modesty

I love wearing skirts. At the time when I started wearing skirts, I wanted to be like one of my best friends who wore skirts all the time. As I got older, my vision changed, and the reasons why I wore skirts changed too. I started reading and studying the bible and what it says about modesty. What I found was amazing!
In the Webster dictionary the definition of modesty is: Properly, restrained by a sense of propriety; hence, not forward or bold; not presumptuous or arrogant; not boastful; not loose; not excessive or extreme;...the word is used also as synonymous with chastity, or purity of manners. In sense, modesty results from purity of mind, or from the fear of disgrace and ignominy fortified by education and principle.
1st Timothy 2:9, in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety, and moderation, not with braided hair or gold pearls or costly clothing, but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works."
This is my personal opinion/conviction, and thoughts.
I'm not saying that you can't wear pants, (I do on rare occasions) and only wear skirts, I'm just saying that we should be a little more careful with the reasoning behind what we wear.
A friend of mine sent me this video below and I thought that I would share it.
It definitely makes you think.
  • I don't like the music in the beginning or the end, but I love the thoughts in between.
  • You might have to turn the music down a tad bit (for those like me who don't like that kind of music.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!