Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Marriage

This last Sunday my very good friend, "Meredith" came over to me with her now "Fiance" and said, "I have some exciting news to tell you...Peter asked me to marry him this last week and I said yes!!!" You can imagine my excitement was over the top! It's so exciting to see yet another marriage taking place in October.
On each of our families birthday's, the tradition of the family for my dad to give us a "Birthday Blessing". He will sit us down just the two of us, and talk. He will give us praises that we've done, he will ask questions about our new goals, and he will ask us specifically what he can pray for.
This time, My dad asked me if I had thought about Marriage at all...now that I'm 19, who knows, maybe God has a plan for me to get married in 2 years; maybe 5 years, or 10. Whatever the case my dad wanted to know what my thought was about it.
For some people marriage is a scary thought, for other people it's exciting. My friend Meredith told me, "The thing you fear the most is you sharing your deepest sins, and thoughts with them." Because you want them to like you for who you are...not who you will become, or what they think you are. Be yourself, and act like Christ would act.
Our family believe's in "Courtship"...there are many different people's opinions on courtship, and everyone's going to be different.
As my parents raised me up, they raised me up to focus and think on things that are, "True, noble, just, pure, lovely, and holy ..."
I will be saving my first kiss until the day that my daddy gives me away to the man that I marry. (if the Lord wills it)
Marriage is talked about so much in the Bible. Ephesians 5:22-33 talks about Wives being submissive to husbands, and husbands loving their wives as Christ loved the church.
Marriage is a sacred thing that God has blessed human kind with. No I'm not an expert, but from what my friends have told me, from the wise council of my parents, and from the help of my pastor's, I have learned that Marriage is a one time thing that is precious, and sacred.
"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and
they shall become one flesh."
~Genesis 2:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!