Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Helping The Body of Christ

32 weeks into my pregnancy!
     The past couple weeks have flown by very quickly for me. These last couple weeks, I've been babysitting, and helping out others in our church.
     It got me to thinking of how the Body of Christ works. Last week, one of the boys in our church broke his Femur, and had to have surgery. It was amazing to see how the church came together to help babysit the other kids, bring meals, and pray.
     Likewise, this week, our pastor had surgery... our entire church came together to babysit, help bring meals, and help out by taking kids to and from work for the week.
     Isn't this how the body of Christ should work?! Helping out one another in times of need. Being there for one another, and helping out each other is such a huge blessing!
     I often think about my pregnancy, and when I have our baby, I'll need help. My mom will be here helping out, cooking meals, cleaning, while I'm trying to figure out how to be a mom.
I officially have swollen feet!

                                     Here are some Bible verses that I was reminded of as I was thinking about how we serve the Body of Christ.
   "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that form the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance;for you serve the Lord."
~Colossians 3:23-24
   "But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased." ~Hebrews 13:16
   "...Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others." ~Philippians 2:4
     "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." ~John 15:12
   
     In what ways can you serve the Body of Christ more? Is there some couples in your church, or in your neighborhood that you can help out? You can be a missionary in your own neighborhood, by helping out others!
 
It's exciting to know that in just about 8 weeks,
we'll meet our little man.

Pregnancy Update: 32 weeks into my pregnancy, and I'm still feeling great! I officially have swollen feet now, so I've been trying to drink more water, and prop them up more.
     My husband and I went to sign up for our registry this last week, which was so much fun!
     Baby James moves a lot, but so far he hasn't woken me up at night with any kicking/punching, which I'm thankful for. ;) Occasionally I'll feel tightness in my stomach, and I feel my belly, and I can feel a little hand or foot pressing against me. It's so sweet to think I'll hold our bundle of Joy in a couple months!
     That's all the update I have for ya'll! Have a great week!

                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!