Friday, April 1, 2016

Complaining


     Lately, I've been feeling very pregnant! I'm 29, almost 30 weeks along now, and my belly's getting bigger, it's getting harder to bend over and pick things up, harder to stand for a long time, and harder to do things without losing energy. It's gotten me frustrated many times. I feel bad that I don't have the strength I used to, and it got me to thinking, "I haven't even had my first child, and I know moms who've had their 8th, 9th, or 10th baby. How do they do it?" I'm a complainer. I often tell my husband, "I'm going to be a pathetic wife, because I'm already a complainer, and I haven't even had our baby yet."
     It got me to thinking about the Israelites, and how they often complained in the wilderness and the desert. In Exodus and in Numbers, we see how often they complained; yet God was still faithful, and merciful, and continued to give the Israelites things to sustain them. God will provide ALL our needs.  God brought the Israelites through the desert, for forty years, where there was no possibility of them caring for themselves.  God provided their water miraculously from a rock, their food - manna that fell miraculously from heaven, a cloud cover by day so they would not be scorched by the desert sun, and a pillar of fire that covered them by night to keep them warm.
     God is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8), and He watches over His word to perform it.  (Ezekiel 12:25) He will never leave us or forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5)


     So for now, I'm taking it one day at a time. I'm in awe that there's a baby growing inside of me, who's already wanted and loved far beyond words can express. I'm grateful to God for answering our prayers, and giving us a little baby inside my womb. Every time our baby James moves, and kicks, I'm reminded of a sweet blessing from God that was given to us, when we didn't deserve such a gift! So, yes, the back pain will continue, and the bending over and standing up will continue to get harder, but in the end, when I have our baby boy in my arms, I can said, "It was all worth it!" We love you baby James! <3

      Just for cuteness sake, here's a picture of my little niece on Resurrection Sunday. Isn't she a cutie?! She's already almost 8 months old! Time flies! This time time next year, she'll have a little 9 month old cousin to play with!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!