Wednesday, May 1, 2013

To Hide with Fear or Faith?

This past week as I was doing my Bible Study; I was going through Exodus and the story of Moses's birth. I started putting myself in their shoes, and wondered what it must have been like for Moses's mom. For 3 months, Moses's mom had to hide him! What do you think it was like living from day to day hoping the guards wouldn't hear the Baby cry. That's what got me thinking... faith!
By faith we live our daily lives. Sure, Moses's family probably were very fearful with every cry that could be heard that could send a guard killing the baby at any time. However, it was all by faith!

I looked up Hebrews 11:23-29, "By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden for three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's edict. By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to endure ill-treatment with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, considering the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures of Egypt; for he was looking to the reward. By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured, as seeing Him who is unseen. By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of the blood, so that
he who destroyed the firstborn would not touch them. By faith they passed through the Red Sea
as though they were passing through dry land; and the Egyptians, when they attempted it,
were drowned..."

To think what kind of Faith Moses and his family had during the time of Moses's birth.

"Now a man from the house of Levi went and married a daughter of Levi. The woman conceived and bore a son; and when she saw that he was beautiful, she hid him for three months. But when she could hide him no longer, she got him a wicker basket and covered it over with tar and pitch. Then she put the child into it and set it among the reeds by the bank of the Nile. His sister stood at a distance to find out what would happen to him. The daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe at the Nile, with her maidens walking alongside the Nile; and she saw the basket among the reeds and sent her maid, and she brought it to her. When she opened it, she saw the child, and behold, the boy was crying. And she had pity on him and said, 'This is one of the Hebrews' children.'... The child grew, and she brought him to Pharaoh's daughter and he became her son. And she named him Moses, and said, 'Because I drew him out of the water.'"
~Exodus 2:1-10

After reading these verses I was very much astonished. Not because I was surprised  but because I had put myself in Moses's family's shoes. What great faith they had! It made me realize how little faith I have. We need to have a child-like Faith. Have faith just like Hebrews 11 talks about.
So, don't hide in fear, but instead... have Faith!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!