Monday, April 1, 2013

What are our Priorities?

These past few weeks have been really busy for me.
I've got so many things to do during the week that sometimes I forget to do the most important things in life. I forget to read the Bible, I forget to spend quality time to my siblings, I forget to fold laundry, I forget to... well, you get the idea.
It's so easy to forget, isn't it? Sometimes our life get's so busy and so full, we forget to do the most important things in life. Doing family worship every night is our family's priority, and we've noticed that when we don't do it, that everyone seems to be more grumpy.

I try to write in my Prayer Journal a couple times a week, and lately, I haven't had the time. So, when do we need to say no? It's hard for me to say no to someone who needs my help. So, this past week, as I was listening to a sermon about priorities, I started to realize that I hadn't been doing the most important things in life. Sure, I picked up the Bible, but I didn't study or give my time to God. I prayed during family worship, but, I found that I hadn't prayed to God that entire week! I couldn't believe how fast the week went by, and I had done... almost nothing! Sure, I accomplished things, but how much time did I spend with God? did I spend time with my siblings? Was I grumpy? Did I spend more time with friends than I did with my own family or even God? When was the last time I memorized scripture?

All of us deal with priorities in our life. We forget. In the Bible, the Israelite's are constantly forgetting the commandments of God, and even the God that brought them out of the land of Egypt. We complain... a lot! We don't realize how easy we have it!
God created us, doesn't he deserve out time?
So, try to put God first. If you find that you're doing too much and not focusing on God, maybe it's time to say no to some things. Maybe instead of doing your Bible Study whenever you find time, maybe you could do it when the little one's are taking a nap, or at night when everyone's in bed. Find time for God. He's waiting there for you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!