Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Loving God with all your Heart

The other day, we had some friends over, and my dad and I were talking about God. My brother asked my dad, “Daddy, what does it mean to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength?” I thought my dad told it really well. He said, “Loving God with your heart is, loving Him with passion! Loving God with all your soul is loving Him with all your emotion, will and passion. Loving Him with all your mind, is how you think throughout the day, and taking every thought captive. Loving God with all your strength is loving Him with all your energy and strength to glorify Him in everything you do."
     So, what are some way’s that you can love God throughout the day? Have you ever heard of the acrostic, "Joy"?
Jesus
Others
You

Here are just a few verses about loving God. Enjoy!
“...You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind..."~Luke 10:27~

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."~ Deuteronomy 6:5-8~

I thought I'd post the video/song below of a song called, "Love the Lord your God" by Lincoln Brewster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!