Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Texas

We leave tomorrow morning to go to Texas for my cousins wedding, and my grandparents 50Th wedding anniversary.
So, the hustle and bustle begins of...getting ready for the trip. We've got packing to do, shopping to do, filling up the gas tank before we leave, getting all the snacks/water bottles together within reach of the people in the back seat, (that would be my younger brother and I) and getting together all the audio that we can listen to, and because it's a road trip, we can play the "Game Boy color and advance" on the trip...which I'm liking less and less.

Yesterday, I took my very good friends, "Abigail, and Aubrey" to the Park Meadows Mall to shop and look around. I wasn't exactly looking at the time, and by the time we got out of there it was already 3:30! I still had dinner to make, Lettuce to get, and my brother to pick up! Yikes!!! But it all ended up working out.

So today, Joy has a writing class to do, I have half my Piano students for today, and then I'm going to get my hair done after dinner, plus we need to go to the store yet again for some last minute stuff. So...chaos strikes again!!!

I'm still not all the way packed, my brother's won't get packed until tonight or tomorrow morning. My mom packs the younger kids bags, so that's for the most part, done! Now the hard part? Getting it all together!

I started realizing, that this is how we are with God sometimes. We are in so much of a hurry most days, that we just want to read the Bible to get it over with. We don't care to sit down and study it. Last night, I had finished reading a book, and I thought to myself, "Why don't I do my Bible study?" So I did! For an hour in a half!!! For me, I felt refreshed/rejuvenated! So the next time we are in a hurry, settle down and realize what's really important in our life...even in the chaos!

1 comment:

  1. What a reminder to stop and rest in Him and His word when I feel the chaos of life :)
    I am so excited to find your blog.
    Blessings,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!