Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chocolate, Traditions, and Birthday's!!!

So, this was the week of my 20th birthday, (on July 27th) and my brother's 4th birthday. (on July 26th) so, we just decided to celebrate them on the same day. Because I'm older and Elijah doesn't really care, we had my famous cake....Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Frosting, and Chocolate chips in the chocolate cake...ALL CHOCOLATE!!! Ah...that's the life! : )
Here are some pictures...before I continue.


(not sure if you can see well or not, but Elijah got a coon skin cap for his birthday. When he opened it, he said, "It's Hair!", but as a joke my dad told him, "no it's a dead animal." This is the face Elijah made... it was hilarious!!!)

For our birthday's, we have a tradition in our family. It's called, "The Birthday Blessing". It's when our dad that night of our birthday sits down with us and talks to us about our weaknesses/strengths, things we did accomplish or would like to accomplish, and what our life will look like the next year. After word's, he'll pray for us.
So, last night was my turn!

After my dad prayed for me, I went in bed and did my Bible Study, but after doing my Bible Study for a while, I realized how blessed I really was! I have a dad who actually cares for me and my future. Many people believe that because we're homeschooled or go to a certain church, or dress a certain way, that my dad is over protective of me...which is so NOT true! Yes, he is protective of me, but not over-protective. My parents let me make my own decisions, and make up my own mind. Now...they do give me advice on what I should or shouldn't do, and I can choose to take it or not. But, in today's culture, many people don't have fathers that care or that are even there for them. My dad's been there through everything that I ever went through, and I would say that our relationship is closer now then ever before!!! I pray that it keeps growing that way!!! So...I would publically like to thank my dad, for always being there for me, and for nurturing me up in the way I should go! Yes, mom, I appreciate you just as much! Thank you both for the love and forgivness you show me time and time again!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Caitlin!!!!!!!!
    And a very happy birthday to the cute 'lil' guy! :)
    I've so enjoyed reading all your posts, and am glad for your friendship. (even though we have yet to meet!) :)
    Have a blessed year!
    ~Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you Kaylee! One of these days we'll be able to meet! You have a blessed year as well!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Caitlin! You are such a wonderful friend! Glad you had a great birthday (although I wish I could've been there)! Miss you, Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaylee! I did have a wonderful birthday! How's you life up there in Oregon?
      Caitlin

      Delete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!