Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Facebook and the Real World

     A couple weeks ago, I asked my husband, why he doesn’t post on Facebook about the good times he has with different people, and why it’s usually articles. He made a good point. He said, “I feel like at times, people post about all their good times, that it’s almost creating a picture that they don’t struggle in life. That they’re always enjoying themselves.” I agree with him. Occasionally I see people post about when they’ve had a rough day, but for the most part, people only put on a fake smile, and post about good things. So, all those posts that I’ve made about how great my husband is… it’s all true. ;) Yes, we’ve had our disagreements, and our days when we were frustrated with each other. Days when we’ve cried together wondering if God hears our prayers, and days when we have regrets about how we responded in different situations! Marriage has been very sanctifying. Yes, I've had bad days, just like everyone else. I also choose to see the joy in life. Instead of looking at how late I am to an event, I try to see it, as God protecting me from a possible accident that I could’ve been in to, or Gods just simply testing my patience… which I fail at most of the time. ;) It’s not always easy to see the sunshine, when you’re in the midst of the rain. Choose Joy rather than pain. Try to look at the bright side of things. It’s not easy, I can assure you, but I’m trying my best.
   
     Yes, I only post the good things about my husband. In 1st Corinthians 13, we’re told that “Love keeps no record of wrongs…” How would I be honoring my husband, if I put him down, and if I keep track of everything wrong that he does, or every sin that he’s committed? No. Instead, I choose to see the things that I value in him. I choose to see a Godly man who’s in need of a Savior, just like me. I see a sinner, who’s saved by the grace of God. I see a husband, that Gods blessed me with, when I didn’t deserve to have such an honorable man! I thank God every day for giving Josh to me! Josh has been a great man, who, yes, stumbles and falls just like me. Yes, they’re days when I’m in constant tears, and when I’m battling inside of myself. No, it’s not all fun and games, but it’s sanctifying. I praise God every day, because Josh is a gift that I open every day, and I can see what an honorable, Godly man he is!
   
     Now, what I'd encourage people NOT to do, is when you're in tears, and just having a rough day, to not post on Facebook about how you're having a good time... because, that's lying. However, I'd encourage you, that in those moments when you just feel so blessed, to write it down. It doesn't have to be for the world to see all the time, but people like to know that you're counting your blessings, and that you're doing okay. My friends from back in Colorado like to see pictures of my home here in Ohio, and what I do every day. They like to see that I'm doing good. :)
   
     The main reason I post on Facebook, is to keep in touch with everyone back in Colorado. They like to know how I'm doing, and if I'm adjusting okay. I assure them that I love it up here in Ohio! The church, community, friends and of course, my hubby! ;)
   
     So, when you post on Facebook, or any other social media sites, just be careful when you post. You don't want to post things that aren't true, or that make you look good, and make you look like a great person. Truth is, everyone has bad days. Days when you just want the night to come, so that you can go to bed, and start again in the morning. The day will be over before you know it, so enjoy it... even on those bad days. :)
  • What do you generally post on Facebook or other social media sites?
  • In what ways has Facebook or other social media sights helped you, if at all? 
  • Do you feel like you've posted things that you regret posting doing later? 
   
      


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!