Wednesday, September 24, 2014

When Things Don't Go Our way


Today, I had a list of things I was going to get done. I was supposed to help out with food and cleanup at our church today from a meeting going on the last couple days. I had a long day yesterday, so I was going to go to leave a little early, stop by the library, and read for a bit in the quietness. Not long after I left the library, my mom called me and said, "I need you to come home right now... Ethan(19) needs to go to the hospital." Upon further investigation, he had gone to the gym, and felt like he had gotten dehydrated. The staff told him that they were going to call 911, and that he needed to go to the hospital.
After talking with the EMT's there, we decided to just take him to Urgent Care. This happened to him not long ago when he was at a training class for police officers. So, we took him to Urgent Care immediately following. (FYI... doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong)
For a while, I was pretty upset that I wasn't able to help out at the church building; but then the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it's really not about me. I needed to watch my siblings, above helping out at our church, where their were already several others helping any way. I had to think of my family, above serving others. Sure, I could have taken my siblings with me, but that's not what they needed.
After coming to the realization that I needed to start thinking about them, and not about how to make other people happy, my day started going great.
My point with telling you this, is to let you know, that's it's okay if things don't go your way sometimes. That happens to all of us. Life happens, and we need to take whats given to us... with a good heart and a good attitude. It's not always easy, I know; but God gives us grace to go through each day. And you know what, the afflictions we face daily, are only temporary! When we die, or when Christ returns, we will be with Him for all eternity! Now that, is something to look forward to!
I was reminded of a couple Bible verses:
"A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." ~ Proverbs 16:9~
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct your paths." ~Proverbs 3:5-6~
"We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed." ~2nd Corinthians 4:8-9~

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Alyssa! Yes, Ethan is fine! The doctors don't know what's wrong with him, so they're waiting his tests to come back... hopefully next week we'll know more.

      Delete
  2. Amen! Great Post! Thanks Catlin for such encouraging words. I'm glad Ethan is now fine, hopefully the docs will find out what was wrong...
    Nontie (A Victorious Woman of Faith: nontokozomaposa.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be praying for Ethan. Thanks for the encouraging words :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!