Sunday, July 28, 2013

Trust God...even when it's hard!

Trust God… even when it’s hard!
We talk about trusting God all the time… but do we really mean it? 
Recently, our family had watched a movie for our family night. During this movie, a daughter of the family dies. They go over the “what ifs” in life, and try to figure out if they, “Would have” done this or that, then she would have lived. But one of the points the brother makes in the movie was great. He said that no matter where his sister would have been… whether in China, Africa, or the United States, it was her time to go home to be with our Lord. 
     I started thinking about what Christian Comedian- Ken Davis said… Imagine Jesus walks into your house and says, “Come with me”… you’re making excuses, “But Father, I just paid off my house and my car. I have a great life! My wife just had another child… but… but… but.” 
The truth is… this is what Christ is already doing to us, but we’re not willing to trust him. Yes, we trust Him when things are great… but what about when things get bad?
     When the 9/11 happened, people asked the question of “why?” Why wasn't God here? The truth is, He was! He was in so many ways! Did you know that there were more trains that stopped working, lights that went haywire, people that overslept, and alarms that didn't go off more that morning that any other morning? God was working! But will we choose to trust Him, even if the answer that we want to be yes is a no? 
     Will we trust God, not just in the good, but also in the bad? Will we trust Him if a family/friend of ours dies? Will we trust Him when the test results come back positive for Cancer? Will we trust Him when we get in a car accident, only to find out that they had to amputate both legs? Will you trust God when your life is falling apart, and you don't feel like you belong?These are so many questions to ask yourself! No, it's not going to be easy, but that's what God is there for! He'll hold us, but will we choose to trust Him?! 
Here are a couple verses that I thought would be helpful in the times when we have doubts or don't understand. Please take a moment to read them! :)

"...Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’"
~Isaiah 41:10~

"
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. And to him who lacks might He increases power. And vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
~Isaiah 40:28-31~

"
But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel,
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you. "For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;..."
~Isaiah 43:1-3~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!