Monday, July 22, 2013

Surrendering and Sacrificial Love

All of us have had to surrender and/or sacrifice something in our lives. This past week I've been really trying to study on what love is, and what surrendering is. What does it mean to sacrifice? 

     Recently, I told my mom, “I need to go out for a couple hours. Get away from all the distractions of this world. Put myself away from all electronics, noises, and confusions. I need to go pray, read the Bible, and think.” I realized that by getting everything done on my to-do list, I forgot the most important thing… putting God first! Jesus showed us what sacrificial love is when He died on the cross. 

     So, with my Bible Study, Journal, and pens in hand, I went out for a few. I parked in an empty parking lot, walked down to a pond, set my blanket down for me to sit on, and I prayed, read my Bible, wept, thought, and wrote things down. I can get distracted so easily, that I forget the most important thing… to go to the Cross of Christ; to lay down my burdens at His feet, and surrender. Surrender my day/life/future/worries/fears_____; and focus on Christ; to sacrifice my time on my computer, in my book, or whatever else; and listen. Listen to Christ! 
     “By this we know love, that he laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives
 for the brothers.” ~1
st John 3:16~
     “Greater Love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends.”
~ John 15:13~
  “If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all thing… so now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
~1st Corinthians 13:1-7; 13~


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!