Monday, June 3, 2013

Thirsty?

We've all been thirsty for something. A thirst for truth, friendship, love, contentment, or something completely different. A friend of ours announced a couple weeks ago that his dad was in the hospital. His dad told the nurse, "I want water!" So the nurse grabbed a glass of water and tried to give it to the patient. He closed his mouth rejecting the water. The nurse proceeded to try to give it to him again, but the man still refused. The nurse gave up and put the water down. Again, the man asked her, "I want water!" Again the nurse tried to give him water, but again, the man refused. After so many times of going back and forth, the man finally spoke up, "I don't want that water, I want Gods water! I'm thirsty for the well of God!"

     This story gave me goosebumps as our friend told us this. His father rededicated
his life to Christ days before he died.
This last Sunday, one of our elders told us, "I have some very sad news before we begin our service. This morning I got a call from Shari McMinn. Her husband, Cary, died unexpectedly this morning." There was a gasp in the room as people's eyes teared up.
     Our family talked about it after service, and we know we'll see him in heaven one day, but it makes you think of the little time we have with our family/friends. It's not too late to except Christ and His water that will never make you thirst again!

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; when shall I come and appear before God?"
~Psalm 42:1-2

"Jesus answered and said to her, 'if you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.She said to Him, 'Sir, you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep; where then do You get that living water? You are not greater than our father Jacob, are You, who gave us the well, and drank of it himself and his sons and his cattle?' Jesus answered and said to her, "everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."
John 4:10-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!