Monday, June 17, 2013

Scripture Memorization and the CHEC conference

This past week, we had our annual CHEC conference. I went to a speaker who talked about Scripture Memorization. If you know me, you know that it's hard for me to remember things, much less memorize them. However, I know how important God's word should be, so I
decided to go to this speaker

He talked about getting our priorities straight. Don't make excuses to memorize scripture! If you don't have time in your day, set your alarm 15 minutes earlier, and read the Bible until you've memorized just 1 verse. If you love your sleep too much to give up 15 minutes, write a sticky note of a verse and put it on your bathroom mirror, brushing your teeth while you memorize the verse.
Set a standard! If you can only do 1 verse a day, then go for it! If you can only
do 1 verse a week, go for it!

Reading, Studying, and Memorizing the Bible is important! How can you defend God's word, unless you know it?!
The verse I memorized: Philippians 1:21, "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."
Try to memorize scripture. Make it a part of your day! You have to want to do it!

2 Timothy 3:14-17 ESV
"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."

Job 36:12 ESV
 
"But if they do not listen, they perish by the sword and die without knowledge."

4 comments:

  1. Great resolution, Caitlin! I was talking with Corey on Sunday about this. We both decided that putting a sticky note on the milk jug in the fridge would be a sure-fire way to remember to hide God's Word in your heart! :)

    Got Milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would work, except that I don't drink milk anymore.... It'll work for someone else I'm sure though! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Caitlin! Thanks for the encouragement to memorize God's Word! I think you would really like ScriptureTyper.com, a website my husband developed a few years to make it easy to memorize Scripture. It has become one of the very top Google search results for Bible memory. It's a great (free!) resource to memorize and actually retain God's Word. I hope it blesses you! Blessings, McKenzie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!