Sunday, November 27, 2011

After Thanksgiving already?

The picture above is on Thanksgiving Day, when everyone was together.

So here we are, a few days after Thanksgiving.
We got back on Friday night from visiting our Family in Texas, and the drive back was ... how should we say it, "Tiring". After all of us staying up all night with our cousins for hours, the sleep finally caught up to us.
My Cousin had her first baby the day that we came. Unfortunately their were some complications, and so they had to do a C-section. Thankfully, the baby is fine now, and my cousin and her husband have a beautiful baby girl whose name is, Availeth Joy Williams!!!

My cousins took me to the mall, and to the wonderful "In-N-Out Burger" for the first time, and I stuffed myself to death. We had Turkey, Ham, Creamed Corn, Strawberry Jello, rolls, potatoes, plus not to mention all of the wonderful pies, cookies, cakes, and other desserts they had there. I stuffed myself, so much so that I felt like I gained 20 pounds. (okay, maybe I'm over exaggerating, a little.)
We had our annual Bingo game, and "I" was the first one to call "Bingo!" I got a $5.00 gift card to Sonic, although I had a hard time deciding on all the prizes.

Anyways, It's refreshing to be back, but I already miss the family in Texas.
I don't know how it is in your family, but in ours, EVERYONE is grumpy the entire drive back home whether we like it or not.
It was actually very depressing to drive back. We had the case of "Rain" most of the way back. And when it wasn't raining, it was so cold that you couldn't even see out the window.

Isn't that how our life is sometimes? We hold grudges, thoughts, words, and actions; so much so that we can't see through our evil thoughts.
Just a thought...anyways, have a wonderful Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!