Thursday, May 26, 2016

Answered Prayers

     On Sunday, our pastor was telling us how quick we often forget answered prayers. We forget the little things that God does for us. Satan likes to attack our lives in every way he can to tear us down. He wants us to forget all the good things that Gods done in our lives, and all the prayers that we asked to be answered, that were answered.
     I used to make a list of all my prayer request, and then write down the date when they were answered. I haven't done that in a while... maybe I should get back into doing that. We often forget the little things such as God answering our prayers about finding a job, or a spouse, or giving us a child. I know for me, I've often forgotten to thank God over and over again for giving me what I asked for. The Bible says in James 4:2, "...You do not have because you do not ask."
     Even though God already knows what we want/need, he still wants us to ask Him. He wants us to have that deep relationship with him, that we can still go to him with everything. "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you..." ~Matthew 7:7
     I'm reminded of the hymn: What a Friend we have in Jesus...

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh what peace we often forfeit,
Oh what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer.
Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

     So, remember to thank God for answered prayers, and to continue to ask him for things that are according to his will. He'll answer... in HIS time.
I'm thankful and grateful that God answered our prayers,
and blessed us with a baby. We're excited to welcome him
into this world in the next couple weeks! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!