Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Complaining


  This last week, I was in Colorado visiting my family. While there, I attended our state homeschool conference. On one of the nights, we decided to head on over to Burger King for dinner. While waiting in line to order, I noticed only 2 employee's that were working there. There was no one else. There was one employee who was taking the order, and making them, and another in the back helping fill the other orders. 
     I couldn't help but marvel at how quickly they worked to get things done, without a grunt or complain, or sigh. It wasn't until a family behind us started complaining about how long everything was taking, that I began to think in my head, "Wow! We're such complainers in this day and age. When we want things, we want them now, not in 5 minutes or 5 days, but now. We go through drive thru's, and get upset when they take too long. We order things online, and are upset when they don't arrive on time. It reminds me of the Israelites in Exodus 16:2, "Then the whole congregation of the children of Israel complained against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness..." and again we see them complain in chapter 15:24, and in 17:3. On and on, over and over. They're never content. Aren't we all such complainers?

     Now don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not perfect by all means! I complain... a lot! But, I have no reason to complain about anything. I have a wonderful husband that loves me for who I am, I have a roof over my head, a car to drive, food to eat, water to drink freely, the Word of God to read, and a husband who has a job that he works hard at to provide for me to get things, such as a Burger, or a coffee, or ice cream. I don't have anything to complain about, but I do. Why is that? Because I'm a sinner. I'm  not justifying that because I'm a sinner, it's right... because it's not. I need to remind myself more often of all Gods many blessings that He's bestowed upon such a wretched sinner as I, who's unworthy of everything! The next time that I feel like complaining, I need to remember that I'm a wretched sinner, and that I have nothing to complain about. In what ways help you to to overcome complaining? How've you felt like you dealt with it? I'd love to hear! Please leave me a comment! :)


Pictures below are some sneak peeks of my time in Colorado with my family! :)
A Cow-girl hat that I tried on.


 Zip-lining with my dad, and half of my brothers.

My little brother... isn't he cute?!
My 17 year old brother, Austin. Yes, he's taller than me. ;)
A beautiful Colorado Sunset!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the encouragement! We all need to work on not complaining and I have found that the best way is to be thankful - I write in a little journal everything I am thankful for and it helps a lot! I enjoyed seeing the pics too! :)

    Blessings!
    ~ Megan

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!