Monday, March 30, 2015

The Purpose of my blog

         Recently, I had received a couple hate-mail comments on my blog- specifically to dying to self post. After talking to some friends, and my husband about it, my husband asked me what the purpose of writing my blog was.
     So, I thought I'd share with you, the reason why I have a blog. When I first started writing a blog, I had no idea what I'd write about. At first, I was just posting inspiring songs, lyrics, poems, and such that I loved. I loved writing, and my mom had encouraged me to start the blog. So, I did. I sent an email out to family and friends letting them know that I started a blog. I started out with about 8 followers that week. I was excited! As time went on, I started to write about my struggles, my life, my daily routine's, my hurts, and in the midst of all of those, trying to point out what God has been teaching me personally. I wanted people to be encouraged and inspired. I wanted people to see what I wrote, thank God for it, and maybe see if they can apply it to their own lives. I wanted people to see that someone else struggles with things, just like them. As time went on, I got more blog followers, and excitement would get to me. Excitement, that someone out there was reading my blog. I hadn't intended for someone to feel like I'm the "girl who has it all together"... because I can guarantee you, I'm far from having it all together. I still struggle every day. I'm still a sinner. Yes, I struggle with pride every day. Yes, I have many days that I don't have it all together.
      Whomever had made a comment on my blog a couple weeks ago, told me that I had nothing to complain about, and that I was a a girl who just stays at home all day. And... you're right... I shouldn't be complaining! I'm blessed to stay at home and cook, clean, take walks, enjoy the fresh air, sew, knit, read, play music on the piano and Violin, study, worship The Creator of the Universe, I get to sit and do my Bible Study and stare outside and listen to the birds chirp and stand in awe at the mystery of how God created all of it. You're right, whomever you are... I don't have anything to complain about. I don't want to make this about me... this is about God! God created everything. God decided to put children on this earth to make laughter, birds in the air to hear joyous sounds, trees/grass/leaves/flowers for the enjoyment of His children. I'm not here on this earth to complain about "how little sleep I got" or that "the cookies burned" or that "I had a bad day today." I'm here on this earth to Worship and Serve our Creator, Jesus Christ!
     I'm not shaken by your comment, whomever you may be. The purpose of my Blog is meant to encourage and inspire other like-minded believers of God. It's meant for people to look at my blog, and think of God every time. It's meant to bring Glory to God in everything I do... I don't do it for me, or to give me glory... and at times, yes, sometimes, I feel like I do... but, ultimately, my purpose here on earth it to glorify God, and enjoy Him forever! ... This, is the purpose of my blog. To God be the Glory!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Caitlin!! It saddens me that someone would leave a comment like that on your lovely blog. You're doing your job as being a wife and I'm glad that you've decided to follow what God says and not the world. All glory to God!!! Have a wonderful day!! With love in Christ, Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Emily! :)
      To God be the Glory!

      Delete
  2. Caitlin, Though I just recently found your blog, I really enjoy reading it. And I love the encouragement you give! Thank you for taking the time to write and may your life be blessed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Susan! You have no idea how much it means to me! :)

      Delete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!