Friday, March 20, 2015

Dying to Self

      I've learned a lot over the years about dying to self daily. From little things, like reading to your siblings while making dinner, or big things, like, getting up early with your husband, so that he can have breakfast and coffee before he goes to work. However, I'm still learning... there are days, when, I just don't want to get up from bed and make breakfast. There are some days, when, sleepiness and laziness gets the better of me, and I don't want to do anything all day long, except sleep, and  relax. That's not life though. I have to constantly remind myself to put others before myself. We're reminded in Philippians 2:3-4, "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but  also for the interests of others."
     On the days that I feel like doing nothing, or sleeping in really late, I have to pray to God to ask Him to change my heart. To put my God and my husband first. To not be selfish.
     The other day, when my husbands alarm went off, I was so tired that I didn't want to get out of bed. I literally couldn't open up my eyes... so with my eyes half-way opened, I walked downstairs to make his breakfast. After I kissed my husband goodbye, and went back to bed; I realized that I hadn't been very joyful that morning. I sent him a quick text asking for forgiveness for my lack of joyfulness that morning. Josh called me a little while later and told me that he didn't think that I wasn't joyful but that he appreciated me asking for forgiveness. He's not a morning person either, and so he gave me encouragement to just be in prayer about it on a daily basis. He's an awesome husband! ;)
     Dying to Self daily can be so hard and tiring at times, but in the end, it's all worth it! :) And when you serve others, you serve Christ. :) In what ways do you feel like God's grown you in this area? What are some Bible verses that have helped you to serve Christ daily?

     "Then He said to them all, if anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and Follow Me..." ~ Luke 9:24
     "And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." ~ Galatians 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!