Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Walking in the Truth

This last week, I had the joy of hearing my little brother talk about what Sin is, and about Adam and Eve and what they did as a sin.
My mom asked Elijah, "Elijah, what is sin?"
"Sin is when you do something wrong and disobey God."
"What did Adam and Eve do?"
"They ate the fruit from the tree that God told them not to. So, they sinned."
I was reading from Deuteronomy 6:4-7, "Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up."

Today, we see many young men and young women walking away from God. Parents aren't teaching their children diligently anymore. In many cases, children go to Sunday School to learn about the Bible, and when they have questions, their parents aren't able to answer them because the parents have not studied it for themselves; and therefore, don't know the answers.
In Proverbs 22:6, we see, "Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not
depart from it.
So, let's take Christ commandment, follow His example, submerge under Christ Authority, and walk in the Truth of the Word.
"I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth."
~3rd John 1:4~
"And this is love, that we walk according to His commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it."
~2nd John 1:6~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!