Thursday, October 17, 2013

Living in a Corrupt World

This past week, my brothers, dad, Uncle, and Grandpa went hunting.
On one of the days, the ladies of the house and my little brother decided to go to the mall. After we'd eaten lunch, I told my mom, "I'm going to go get a coffee." As I was in line, I saw some very disturbing things, which I won't specify...
I couldn't help but ask myself and my mom, "When God sent the flood to the earth, what kind of corruption was there?" We live in a culture, where things that didn't used to be okay, are the "new" normal now.
While the internet can be used for good, it can also be used for evil.
They didn't have electronics back in the Bible times. If all of your electronics were taken away from you for let's say... a month... how would you survive? Many people can't even survive a day without their electronics, which causes many problems.

I've had to ask myself the question, "In what ways are you glorifying God?" and also, "In what ways are you NOT glorifying God?"
What ways can we improve to glorify God? Sometimes when we do things and we're honored for them, we give our-self a pat on the back and say, "Yes, I did it!" I like how in Facing the Giants Coach Taylor said, "When we win, we praise Him, and when we lose, we praise Him!" It's so hard, isn't it? It's easy to say, "Look at me" or even, "Woe is me!"
Let's look at Genesis 6:5-8, "The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the Lord said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them." But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord..."
Today, we live in a corrupt world. We will start seeing things that will lay heavy on our hearts.
However, we must cling to the cross of Christ! He is our Redeemer! And He is the only
one who can save us.
Blessings, 

1 comment:

  1. Our family is currently studying Genesis and we were just in the part you wrote above! It's neat when you read something out of the Bible and then it follows you. Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!