Friday, March 1, 2013

When life gives you lemons...


All of us take life for granted. I was reminded once again this week of life’s little blessings that come our ways. On Wednesday’s I have to wake up around 7:30-ish to take a shower in time to leave by 8:00, so that I can teach piano. After I teach Piano in the morning, I help out people in our church. On this last Wednesday, I was just about to leave, when I hear from the door, “Cait-win!” 
I turn around, and my 4 yr. old brother, Elijah, said, “I didn't give you a hug and kiss goodbye.” 
With a smile, I ran up the 5 steps of stairs, and he jumps into my arms not wanting to let go for a long time. J
Eventually, reluctantly, he let go of me, and smiled. 
As I walked out the door, my heart filled with Joy that my little brother (who was almost the only one awake at the time) wanted to say goodbye to me. 

I’m sure we've all heard of the term, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”
Do we really know what it means?
I found this on Wikipedia, and thought it fit perfect.
"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" is a proverbial phrase used to encourage optimism and a can-do attitude in the face of adversity or misfortune. "Lemons" in this expression is used in the informal sense of the word, to indicate an unfortunate or inadequate situation, a meaning which probably stems from the sour and acidic taste of unsweetened lemon. "Lemonade" on the other hand, is a sweetened form of this same acerbic fruit, and so in the context of this expression, conveys the potential for pleasure and opportunity in seemingly bad situations.”


1) Whatever you do, do it with all your heart, as for the Lord, and not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. --- Col. 3:23-24
2.) Don't boast about tomorrow, for you don't know what a day may bring. ---Prov. 27:1
3.) For what is your life? It is but a vapor, that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away. ---James 4:14
4.)This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you. ---John 15:12
5.) Until now you have asked nothing in my name: ask, and you shall receive, that
 your joy may be full. ---John 16:24

6.) Love one another deeply, from the heart. ---1 Peter 1:22
7.) Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. --- 1 Peter 4:8
8.) Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. ---Romans 12:10
9.) Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. ---Proverbs 16:3
10.) "...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..." ---Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Aww, cute post! I think I tend to focas too much on the sour lemons... Thanks for the thoughts!
    Kaylee

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!