Thursday, March 21, 2013

The moment of Full-Surrender!

All of us Christians, reach the moment of full-surrender in our lives. The moment when we’ve finally realized that what we have in life, isn't enough. The moment we realize that the only Joy we can get, is through Christ. There was a time in my life when I finally realized that. When I say, “Full-surrender”, I don’t mean, “Okay, God you can have this area.” I mean, “Okay, God, you’re the only one who can fill my thirst and hunger.” The moment, when we bow at his feet, and realize that He is our ultimate and Sovereign King!
     For my birthday last year I got a book called, “Hinds’ feet on High Places” by Hannah Hurnard. This is a book I would definitely recommend! J In this book, Much-afraid comes to the moment of full-surrender. I thought I’d post an excerpt from the book! After you've read the excerpt, I would encourage you to watch/listen to the video below! Enjoy! :)

     The white-robed flowers growing on the High Places that were buoyant and unsullied after being walked on by the Shepherd and Much-Afraid, are perfect examples of what happens when we lay our lives down for Him. Instead of being damaged as we might fear, we rise again to exude a perfume richer and sweeter than before. Is there anything you are hesitant to lay down? Think about it for a moment. Then, with renewed commitment and yieldedness, come to your Lord and say: You are my King-the King of love and of everything that is lovely.
     Kneel before Him knowing that you are kneeling before the One who is gentle and tender, but also full of strength, power, and authority. Express to Him your desire to have burned or pressed out of you all that is not of Him. Hear Him say: “…Lo, this has touched your lips; your iniquity and guilt are taken away, and your sin is completely atoned for and forgiven” (Isaiah 6:7 AMP)
     Thank Him for the reality of the experience when it pleases Him to bring it forth. Patiently wait for His timing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!