Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sleep Deprived-Thank you Mom!!!

How many people know what it's like to be sleep deprived?
I haven't, but my mom on the other hand, struggles with Sleep Insomnia.
For those that don't know what Insomnia is, here's the definition: 
Noun
Habitual sleeplessness; inability to sleep.
Synonyms
sleeplessness - wakefulness - vigilance

My mom has struggled with it for several years. Some days she gets only 2 hours of sleep, and other days she gets 5 hours of sleep.
This last week, all I could think about was, "If I had Insomnia, how would I handle it?" Everyone knows that when you don't get a lot of sleep, you're usually grumpy and irritable.
While yes, sometimes my mom is has her moments, she also forces herself to be joyful!
For that reason, I'd like to dedicate this blog post to my mom!
I don't struggle with sleep, and I still LOVE sleep! I can't imagine what life would be like without it.
I started thinking about all the days that my mom didn't get much sleep. My mom usually warns me ahead of time that she'll be edgy from lack of sleep. As I was thinking about it today, my mom has kept her cool so many different times! I don't know how I'd handle it, but for my mom, she's almost used to it.

It's her testimony now, that 2 years ago, when we were in the process of adopting, going through financial problems, her going through Sleep Insomnia, that she felt like she was going to die. She told my dad that she couldn't take it anymore. She prayed, and she sought God, but alas, nothing was happening. A friend from church bought her a book called, "A more Excellent Way", and it talked about Health. This was God's way of showing my mom just one little step toward her health problems. She had about 10 different things that were wrong with her body besides her Insomnia, and now because she changed her diet, and started eating healthy, she is now a happier mama! I am so thankful that throughout the years, my mom kept her cool! On those days that she felt like being grumpy, by God's grace, she turned it into joyfulness! So, I just want to take a minute and thank my mom for being loving, joyful, caring, and tender during those times that us kids were driving her crazy!!! Thank you mom for being you! I love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I pray this book will help my daughter. It is amazing how long my daughter goes without sleep. Let alone the other problems that are mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!