Monday, February 18, 2013

Family time/learning experience

Last Saturday my dad took all of us kids, and we drove in the mountains to go snow shoeing. This was our first time snow-shoeing, so we were all a little excited! While we were driving the 2 ½ up to Frisco (where there WAS snow! J ) I got to spend that time with my family. I don’t know what it was, but it seemed like our family was closer this time, then ever before! We laughed, we joked, and we talked. Everything we did was…precious! Looking back, that was one of the best days I've had in a long time! Once we got our snow shoes on, and started to hike, there was a certain part of the hike, that I told my dad, “I can’t go on! My heels are hurting, and I can’t breathe.” My dad turned around, looked at me and said, “You can do it! I’ll go slowly with you!” So, after my dad said we can turn around if I wanted to, I decided to go ahead and hike all the way to the top. Yes, I did make it, and the view was absolutely gorgeous! While coming down the mountain, I started to think about how my life was. If you think about it, snow shoeing up the mountain was like climbing with God in my walk with Him.  When I don’t think I can go on anymore, He’s there to help me, to guide me, and love me all the while.

In our walk with Christ, it’s not just about giving our all in all, it’s about putting Christ above all! As I was jogging back down the mountain that day, I couldn't help but thank God! I thanked God for giving me the strength to make it up that mountain! I thanked him for my family and the time I got to spend with them. 

I started to think of all the trials I had been through, and realized that through it all, Christ never left me! When I wanted to rest, He said, “Let’s keep moving. We’ll go slow and steady, but I’m not leaving you!” It was during this time, that I was thankful my dad stayed behind with me and my sister. He didn't want to leave us. I know I've quoted this verse many times before, but in closing, I thought it’d be perfect! 

 “The Lord will deliver them up before you, and you shall do to them according to all the commandments which I have commanded you. Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.”
~Deuteronomy 31:5-6~




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!