Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Prodigal



A couple weeks ago, my siblings and I watched a Christian Comedian movie. At the end of the movie, they talk about the Prodigal son. I didn't think about this before, but they said that those time that we feel like God has moved away from us,
it was “us” that moved away from Him. 
If we think about it...

God “waits” for us. If “we” seek, “we” will find, if “we” knock, the door will be opened...
I found a couple verses that I thought would be helpful.

But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul."


Matthew 7:7-8

 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."
“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks,
it will be opened."

All of us have gone through trials, and all of us have had the chance to either move away from God, or toward him. Whatever the reason for our trial, God was there the entire time. He never moved away from us! He's been faithful throughout everything!
All of us know the story of the Prodigal son. Maybe we've experienced it first hand, or we've known someone that has. Whatever the case may be, remember that we need to "seek", "knock", and "find". God's there in the midst of everything; He's just waiting for "us" to open our heart.

MY HEART, YOUR HOME- Christy Nockels 
Come and make my heart Your home 
Come and be everything I am and all I know Search me through and through ‘Till my heart becomes a home for You

CHORUS
A home for You, Lord 
A home for You, Lord Let everything I do
 open up 
A door for You to come through And that my heart would be a place Where You want to be…

CHORUS
You are my portion, filling up everything You are the fortune,
that’s causing my heart to sing 
That it’s amazing… That You could make Yourself at home with me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!