Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Enjoying Life's Simple Moments

     This past week has been quite the busy week for my husband and I. Between babysitting, running errands, and keeping the house clean, our life has been busy.
     This past week I babysit some kids from church. My husband ended up meeting up with us afterwork and we just stayed for dinner. Josh was reading a book to a couple of the kids, and I couldn't help but think to myself, "What a great man I have!" I've learned, and I'm still learning, to look at life's simple moments, and enjoying them. Instead of looking at a disaster and getting stressed out about it, I try as best as I can to look at it as a lesson.
     The day I was babysat this week, I double booked myself, because this brain of mine, just doesn't work sometimes. So, I ended up switching my Piano Lesson with a student around, and my appointment with my midwife. Instead of looking at it from the perspective that I forgot something yet again, I tried to look at it from a different perspective. If I hadn't babysat that day, I wouldn't have had the joy of reading to the kids or playing games with them.
     Because of our week this last week, I told my husband, "I feel like we've been so busy this whole week, that I haven't really gotten to sit down with you, to have some quality time, and to talk." Maybe that's why I was so blessed to take this picture... 
     I love watching my husband hold kids or play with them. I love watching life's simple moments that pass by so quickly. It seemed like not that long ago that I lived in Colorado and wondered if I'd ever find a man out there. Of course, God knew I would. ;)
     Since being married, I've learned a little bit more to really stop and smell the roses. I've learned that no matter the circumstance, know that God will get you through it. I've learned to not let life pass you by as you just sit, watch, and wait. I've learned that God gives each of us, an opportunity to take a deep breath, and just enjoy those moments that pass so quickly.

     "A merry heart does good, like medicine..." ~Proverbs 17:22
     "You will show me the path of life; in your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." ~Psalm 16:11

     So, when you see life's simple moments, don't forget to smile. Take a deep breath, and take it all in. It won't be there forever; after all, it's just a moment.
  •  Has there been a time in your life when you've stopped to smell the roses?
  • What are some of your favorite moments that happen on a daily/weekly basis?
  • Are there any Bible Verses that help you in those times?




1 comment:

  1. Hello Caitlin!
    I really love reading your blog and I'd like to nominate you for the Get To Know Me Tag. If you'd like to check it out, it's on precioustreasuresofgod.blogspot.com. Don't feel like you have to do it if you don't want to. :D Like I said, I love reading your blog and hearing your heart. <3
    Side note: You don't need to publish this comment if you don't want to... it's just for you. :D Happy blogging!
    <3 ashley trout

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!