Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Letter to My Mom and Dad

Dear Dad and Mom,
I wanted to write a letter to know to let you know that I love you, and miss you so much! I wanted to let you know that everything's okay here. Dad, Mom, you don't have to worry about me, because you know what? You let me marry a wonderful man! A man who cares about God and the church as much as you've prayed for. You let me marry a man who kind, caring, and gentle. He's very sweet with his words, and he chooses them carefully.
     Dad and Mom, you've let me marry the man of my dreams! He's all that and more. He's so much more than I could've ever imagined, that I'm so grateful to God every day for him. You let me marry a man who is a seeker of the word of God, and a studier. He's a quick thinker, and a great man of integrity. He wants to please me, but more than that, he wants to be like Christ. He wants to strive to be like Christ every day. You know what? He reminds me of both of you. How much you both strive to be like Christ every day, and make sure that Christ is the center of everything!
     You let me marry a wonderful man who will be a fantastic father! Every time I see him hold a baby at church, or our little niece, I see how gentle he is with children, and I wonder, how can God be so good to me?! God gave me wonderful parents who've raised me by the Word of God, and who've let me marry a great man!
     Dad and Mom, Thank you for always being there for me! Thank you for all the times that you gave me advice and encouragement, even when I didn't receive it as well as I should have. Thank you for not letting me get away with things, and for disciplining me. Thank you for being a constant reminder that you are the example of a Godly marriage. Thank you for being there for me through the thick and thin... the days when I was going through trials, and the days when their were good days that I didn't want to end. Thank you for all the Family Traditions and Fun Times we've had. Thank you for all the times that you let me spend with my friends, and trusted me that you knew I'd make wise decisions or poor ones, and learn from them. Thank you for standing on the side lines and cheering for me and giving me encouragement as you watched me succeed and watched me fail. 
     Thank you for being there for me through my courtship with Josh. It's been wonderful to look back and see Gods faithfulness throughout it.
     Dad and Mom, thank you for being wonderful, Godly parents that I can look up to, and know that I have the best parents on earth that God blessed me with to nurture me and to teach me everything that you know! :)
     Dad and Mom, thank you for everything that you do, everything that you are, and everything that you stand for! Thank you for letting me marry the man of my dreams! You don't have to worry about me. I'm blessed! Blessed with Godly parents who lead by example, blessed by a good man who've everything I could've ever asked for. I'm blessed with a Godly pastor who leads us in the way of the Word; I'm blessed with a wonderful church family who've welcomed me in with open arms from day one. I'm blessed with a husband who has a great family! I married into a family that loves God, and loves each other. I'm blessed to have great in-laws, and great friends.
     Dad and Mom, you will always be there for me, and I will always love you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking care of me all those years, and for continuing to give me encouragement and wisdom. Thank you for all those times that I didn't thank you, especially when you went out of your way to make me happy. Thank you for the way you taught all of us to be studiers of the word of God, and to serve Christ in everything we do. Thank you for letting go of me, even though it was hard. You've let me leave and cleave to my husband, and although I'm not under your headship anymore, I will always look up to you! Thank you for being the great parents you are, and for always being there for me! I'm truly and undeservedly blessed by God! To God be the Glory forever and ever. I love you Dad and Mom!
Love your daughter,
Caitlin Nicole Narwold

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!