Sunday, March 16, 2014

Learning To Be Still

Hi there everyone! Sorry its been a while since I've posted! I just got back from Russia on Thursday morning at 2:00 a.m., and then went to bed around 3:00 a.m. with little sleep. I took a Benadryl on Thursday night, fell asleep by by 9:00 p.m., and woke up at 11:15 a.m. on Friday morning! :) 14 hours of wonderful sleep! Any way, how do you return to normal life, after being gone for 2 weeks?!
After trying to get my life back together, unpacking clothes, running a couple errands, and doing some other odds and ins, I was reminded about the verse in Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
Be still? Wow! After being busy constantly in Russia, it was nice just to be still! To thank God for everything that He'd given me, pray, think, and just be in silence!
How often to do we take life for granted? How often do our lives get so busy that we aren't "still"? We are to be still and know that He is God even in the midst of those days that our life is out of control!!!
Let's take a moment of each day, and Be Still! Seek His Face, and Pray! :)
I looked up a couple verses about being still, so I thought I'd share them! Enjoy!
Psalm 37:7

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!
Mark 4:39

And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
Psalm 62:5

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.
                                           
                                             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD2uPRhOPkk
                                             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMM1hLwDhz0

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting, Cailtin. Sometimes it is hard to just "be still", but it's important to realize that God is in control of our lives, not us! Thanks for posting, friend.

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! What exactly were you doing in russia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brianna! I was helping out with the first Homeschool Conference in Russia! :) I was the coordinator and main helper for the children's Program (0-12 years) while their parents attended the conference. Here is a video, if you were interested of our time in Russia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyvjeFqFydg

      Delete
    2. Oh awesome! I'll be sure to check out the video ;)

      Delete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!