Sunday, September 8, 2013

Live in the moment

This past week, I was in the kitchen cooking our dinner, when I heard my 5 year old brother say, "I wish I was older!" When I asked him why, he said, "Because then I could go hunting with daddy, and be good at drawing!"
When he said this, it made me realize how, all too often, I've said the same thing. "When I'm older...." How often do we take life for granted?!
When I was 15, I kept thinking to myself, "I'm going to be married and have kids by the age of 20!" I wanted so badly to be 20...Well, here I am 21, now, and I've come to realize that in some ways, we feel dis-contented by the life we live sometimes. We never live the "here and now"! (myself included)
My dad always says, "The past is history, the future's a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why they call it the present."

Live in the moment... it'll be history before you know it.
I was reminded of this again, when my little sister asked me a couple days ago, "Can you read me a book?" I was somewhat stunned... my 11 year old sister, asking if I can read her a book. I told her yes, but realized after I said that, that it wasn't from the heart. I had to force myself to remember that I won't always have these little moments with my sister.
Have you ever had a moment when you've thought, "I don't want this to ever end!"? I have, many times! So, live in the moment. Don't waste your life waiting and wishing! Enjoy each moment you have... whether it's with your friends or family.
“Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there's no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again.” 
― Max LucadoEvery Day Deserves a Chance: Wake Up to the Gift of 24 Hours

1 comment:

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!