Monday, November 12, 2012

Perfectionism

Over the last few weeks, I’ve been trying to control my anger as patiently as possible. I have 1 particular Piano student who always gives me a hard time about everything…thankfully his mom is there
 
to help me out! J

     There was one week though that he was getting so upset because he couldn't get the music perfect! He wanted it to sound perfect with no mistakes. I then had to tell him quietly and calmly, “…we all make mistakes! We can never get things done exactly the first time. Even me as a Piano teacher always makes mistakes!” I then went on to tell him that it’s okay, and that he just needs to practice. Practice 
comes with time...
     After they went home, I started thinking about my life and “perfection”.  No, not all of us are perfectionist, but we’d all like to have it perfect… wouldn't we? We’d like to make it perfect to make the other person proud.  I always love it when my parents say, “Caitlin did this…or Caitlin did that.” It has a nice ring to it…don’t you think? However, the ONLY person that was/is perfect is God! God IS the ONLY person who can make things perfect! He created the stars, sky, galaxy, earth, universe…with what?...NO mistakes. There are absolutely no mistakes in anything that he created. Maybe you’re someone who wishes that you were never born. Maybe you’re someone who thinks that since you can’t do anything right, then what’s the point of living. Maybe you had a hard day at work, and you feel like you’re useless. I've got news for you…you are God’s perfection! No, he’s not done with you! You are still HIS work, and HIS delight. He created you for a purpose…to live and glorify HIM! 

So, the next time that we feel like giving up, remember that God's still working on us!
 
Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!