Monday, January 16, 2012

Surrendering

What does it mean to Surrender?

sur·ren·der


1. To relinquish possession or control of to another because of demand or compulsion.
2. To give up in favor of another.
3. To give up or abandon: surrender all.
4. To give over or resign (oneself) to something, as to an emotion: surrendered himself to grief.

There was a time in my life when I couldn't take it anymore. That's when I finally came to a complete stop and asked God to take it all. I surrendered to Him.
God wants all of our burdens, worries, and cares.
Let's imagine this...you tell God, "Please take the worries off of my mind. I surrender," then God answers you back and says, "I don't want just your worries, I want ALL of your stress, worries, fears, and cares. Can you give that to me?"
"But God, I want to keep control over that part of my life."
"Then why are you surrendering, if you don't really mean it?"
"I do mean it, but I want that part of my life."
So you want me to be in control of only 5% of your life?"
"Well when you put it that way, it sounds bad."
"But, that's what your telling me."
"What do you want from me?"
"I want you to surrender to me. Give everything to me."
Then, there's a long pause of silence between you two. After the pause you sigh and say, "Okay God...you can have all of me. I surrender to you, who loves me more than life."
And then, you break down and cry, because you know that he is now in control of your life.
He now cradles you in His hand, and you feel peace.
Surrender to Him, and you will be blessed!

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
~Matthew 11:28-30

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful song and lovely post, darling! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!