Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting Our Priorities Straight

What do I mean by getting our priorities straight? I mean putting God first. A few nights ago we were doing family worship, and after reading Proverbs 23, I started thinking, "What kind of things in life can stop us from having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?" There were so many answers, and other questions, however, it could be anything you desire...such as movies, computer games, friends, and even family. Whatever makes you happy during your times of need is an idol in God's eyes.
When I first graduated high school, I knew that I had much more free time. A few weeks after I graduated I realized that I hadn't really picked up the bible and read it...except in church. I then started thinking of all the things that I had done instead of reading the bible. What I found was shocking.
It is so easy to get sidetracked from the word of God. It's not easy to put studying the bible above everything. You have you be willing to give up certain things.
God is a jealous God!!! He wants you, and every part of you.
Next time you have been busy, and are maybe tired, or just don't really feel like studying the bible, Maybe you could pray...remember: you can find rest in Christ. Set your priorities straight, give God your highest priority.
Matthew 11:28, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
More Than Ever:
In Today's chaotic world,
with everything around us crumbling,
Morality held in contempt,
Our leaders false, corrupt, or bumbling,
More than ever, we need Christ,
to Lead us through this darkening place;
His absolute truth will light our way;
He'll lift us with His love and grace.
The Bible is our cornerstone;
in God's word, we take our stands;
Role models we will strive to be,
Examples of our Lord's commands.
Dear Lord Jesus, strengthen us
to complete the tasks you'd have us do;
We pray you'll lead us, guide us now
to know and love and follow you.
~By Joanna Fuchs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!