Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day...
Let me tell you a little bit about my mother...she cooks, cleans, does laundry, washes dishes, (when us kids are doing something/keeping busy) she always makes time for us kids, she talks to us, she's a Titus 2 mom, and a Proverbs 31 mom, she sews, (a little) she's loving, caring, graceful, merciful, diligent, joyful, kind, and gentle. I could name so much more about my mother, but I don't have time for that.
Lately, my mom and I have been talking about...everything. We are so much closer now than we were a few years ago. I love my mom! There are so many times that I don't thank her, or don't have enough appreciation for her. I trust her with so much! I love you mom!
This last week my mom told us that there are 7 of us in the household, (besides her) and that she promised to pray for each and every one of us every day. For Monday it's my brother Corey, (22) Tuesday is me, (almost 20) Wednesday is Ethan, (17 today) Thursday is Austin, (almost 14) Friday is Joy, (almost 10) Saturday is Elijah,(almost 4) and Sunday is my dad. I am so thankful for my mom!!! Here is a poem (yes I love poems as you can see) that our pastor wrote. I thought it would be appropriate to share for today. And yes, this applies to everyone... : )

When My Mother Prayed
Kevin Swanson © 2005
I remember from my earliest day,
The voice of my mother when she would pray,
She would address her heavenly father,
Praying for me, my sisters, and brothers,
Her voice seemed to quiver just a little,
Fragile and worn from years in the battle,
She would pour her soul out like a river,
That’s when we’d hear the gates of hell quiver.
My mother prayed.
Devils were stayed.
Just how I survived my 23rd year
Still remains a mystery to me.
What stands between love and fornication
Heaven or hell as a son’s destination,
The patterns of causes are far too complex,
To find the true cause of all fatal wrecks.
But from the beginning God foreordained,
The faith, the fervency, and love unfeigned.
My mother prayed,
Ten thousand prayers.
As the years of my life go rolling by,
I find the temptations just multiply,
The path more narrow, the ditches are wide,
The stakes far higher, the demons more wise,
The arrows come faster, the horses run wild,
Far greater men have never survived.
Each time I emerge from another valley,
I know for certain that two rode with me.
My mother’s prayers.
And my Lord was there.
When God’s armies are routed, the philistines rule,
The devil takes over with tyranny cruel..
God’s kingdom on a thin thread hangs,
Sitting between the wolves’ slavering fangs,
Then, a mother’s prayers, appear a mere token,
But, what? The bows of the mighty are broken,
The tides are turned when her horn is raised,
The one thing the enemy fails to calculate,
One mother’s tears.
One mother’s prayers.

Have a Happy Mother's day to all you mothers!!!
~Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!